Wednesday, August 16, 2006

WFMW!

Pardon me while I have a little commercial message for my "Works For Me Wednesday"! I have found a product called "Head On" that is awesome - for us. You buy it at any drug store and is in a little tube. When headaches strike you simply roll this stuff over your forehead. While I won't say that our headaches miraculously disappear, I will say that the severity is always lessened when we use this. I try really hard to not use too many oral medications as we all know it's not good for us in the long run, so I was very willing to give Head On a try and am quite pleased. What Keith and I feel when we use this is a cool, almost tingling sensation and it kind of relaxes the muscles in your head.

When I was out looking for an image to use I did discover that a lot of people scoff at this product and say that the ingredients are virtually nonexistent - that any relief is purely a placebo effect. Hmmm....I guess I have to say that's ok with me as we DO feel better after using it - for whatever reason! I carry one in my purse, Keith has one in his toolbox at work and we have one in our medicine cabinet. It was worth a try for us and....it Works For Me! LOL!

Head over to Shannon's blog for tons more tips!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear about this from someone who has tried it. I've wondered about it. I don't like to take medicine unless I just have to, and sometimes ibuprofen gives me heartburn. I do get muscle spasms and tension in my back, and forget sometimes that we have muscles on our heads, too. I wear an "icy hot" patch on my back and have wished there was something like that for me head. :-) This sounds like it might be close, without the patch part. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Mom2fur said...

I've been looking for this and would love to try it. Glad to hear it works! Who cares about that 'placebo effect' thing, anyway? What, if something works I'm supposed to Not use it because it's only a placebo? Geesh. If it works, that's what matters!

PastormacsAnn said...

Think I'll try this now that I've heard that it really works. Thanks for the tip.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Interesting! I always wondered if this stuff worked. I'll give it a try :)