Sunday, August 27, 2006

Scrapbooking and Church Service

After our friends left Keith and I sat for awhile talking about our memories from years past. Sometimes it's hard to decide if the better part of life is the actual living of an event or the reliving of it many, many times through the years. It's all good....

I then headed to the scrapbook store to meet up with some friends and spent the rest of the evening playing with glue, paper and scissors. The layout above is actually timely, which isn't like me at all! These pictures were taken when we stopped at Lake Tenkiller on the way home from Ft. Smith from my grandmother's funeral. It was a very special, somewhat strange time for me. Still reeling from the pain of losing my grandmother and yet we stopped and they all ran and played just like children and I stood there taking pictures with my heart bursting from my love for my family. I know there must be verses in the Bible that say this better than what I can, but it was almost an affirmation of life. I think this week I'll spend some time trying to find what I'm looking to say.

Speaking of verses, church today was another heartfelt service. It's also interesting to me that my church, as well as my mom's and some of my friend's, all roll out their new Sunday School and Bible Study schedule this time of year. I suppose it's all tied into school starting. Anyway, I'm going to be starting a new women's Bible Study two nights a month and Keith, Lynne' and I are looking at the schedule deciding which Sunday School class would be the best fit for our needs right now. What a tremendous blessing to have all these options open to us! It really is an exciting time and our new pastor is so full of life and love. I also love how much of the Word we are learning during his sermons and today the church gave out notebooks to everybody to hold sermon notes. This will be so cool to have them all together instead of having to try and find the one I'm thinking of weeks later!

~ Elizabeth

Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. - 2Timothy 2:23-24

No comments: