Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sisterchicks Down Under

I'm a couple of days into reading this book and once again I'm loving this author! This is the third Sisterchick book I've read and each time I end up using post it's all through the book so that I can make notes once I get home. There's a different set of friends in each book, but the friendship is so much fun and Biblical lessons are "accidentally" learned through their adventures. And then, coincidentally, while talking to Jeanie yesterday she mentioned that she'd just started a Sisterchick book from the library! Hmmm..."It's not odd, it's God!" (thank you to my grandma for such an awesome saying)

Then on the way to work today I was thinking about the direction my life is taking. With my baby girl about to turn 21 things are obviously changing in our family dynamics. I am totally enjoying my children as adults and am so proud of the persons that they have become. And now it leaves time for me to discover what I want to do with my life. I watch both kids going to college and Keith has started back this fall as well. But for me right now I am not interested in that. Nor am I interested in my job as a career. I'm happy with my job and feel very blessed to have such a good job, but that's not really where my aspirations lie. I've been doing a lot of prayer on this lately and I'm starting to see some ideas starting to form, so I'm kind of excited to see where God will lead me on this.

~ Elizabeth

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. - Romans 2:1

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

good thing your know how to knit~ it will help pass the time. but in all seriousness you're doing the best thing! going to the Lord, he knows you so well and will lead you the right way.
i've heard so much about the sister chicks series. i've gotta go to the library and see if they have them. though my knitting and crochet take up most of my time these days. lol

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I haven't read any of the Sister Chicks books, but I have read some other Robin Jones Gunn books and they were good (can't think of the titles offhand, but I know I loved them). I'll have to check out those books!

I'm still searching for the direction the Lord is taking me in. I'm sure all this schooling I'm taking must have something to do with it. I'm trying to give the steering wheel over to God to drive me, but I end up taking it back at times. I try to claim Jeremiah 29:11-13 as my verses for my future, just need to remember them more often.