Friday, August 04, 2006

My Grandma

My grandmother passed away peacefully yesterday - she was 86. I've had so many emotions running through my mind today as I think of her and figure out the logistics of getting my family to her funeral.

This picture was taken three years ago in the hospital, when we were all called to come and see her one last time as the doctors told us she wouldn't make it the two weeks to Thanksgiving. Funny how God's plans outweigh the doctor's predictions.

Grandma was a very Godly woman and loved to tell you about it. That's what I will miss most - sharing our faith together on the phone. No matter what she was facing with her health, she had a note of joy in her voice. She was truly grateful for each and every day that was given to her.

So when we all get together the day before her funeral and talk about her, there will be mixed emotions. Weeping as we all miss her inspiration and presence in our lives. Laughter as we remember her giggle and happiness. Stumbling as we feel the pain of loss. Dancing as we envision her dancing with our Saviour. And above all the warmth of family togetherness and knowing that she is still there among us in our memories.

~ Elizabeth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss, may God be with you in the days to come.