Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Podcasts and Shadow Dogs

Another example of how Joe always has to be glued to my side. This was yesterday when I was taking the picture of the crocheted baby blanket and I decided to back up some and show his cute little face. Me and my shadow!

I discovered something about myself yesterday - I am not nearly as techno savvy as I thought I was! Or rather, I was techno savvy and time has marched on and left me behind. What a blow to the ego! LOL! This revelation came about as I was wandering around reading blogs yesterday. I honestly learn a lot doing that and I'm not just talking about things like people's favorite cookies or stuff like that. I keep seeing posts about podcasts and while I know what it is in general, I am clueless on specifics. I told Keith last night that I was going to have to give in and buy an ipod simply because I want to learn more and be "hip" with my knowledge. He of course laughed and since he loves all things electronic he's all for it. But further blogging led me to a site that had a link to a podcast about Lost - what could be more cool than that??? So I clicked it and discovered that you don't have to have an ipod to listen to these things at all - it can happen on the computer. Well I was happier than a tick on a hound dog at that point because it opened a whole new world to me! Who knew??? Then last night right before bed Keith pointed out that maybe I can download these things on to my little Dell PDA and be able to listen "on the go". *thunk* <--- Me falling off the chair - WOW! Now my PDA is way bigger than an ipod, but at least I can try this stuff out and see if it's something I'm interested in. Our world is just so cool with all these gadgets!

~ Elizabeth

"A grandmother's love is like an old quilt - warm and comforting." - unknown

No comments: