Tuesday, April 04, 2006

{21} Day 9

OK, black pens are a challenge to me. I messed up a word and really wanted to tear out the page. The quote reads "The principle is competing against yourself. It's about improvement, about being better than you were the day before." - Steve Young

I LOVE THIS QUOTE! This says in a nut shell what I'm trying to accomplish with this challenge. Always before I compared my exercising against others and with physical limitations I always come up short. This time around I really am competing against myself and I find this very liberating. And I also am finding that I'm changing some of the way I think about exercise - it really isn't an all or nothing kind of thing. Who knew???

So far I've done something every day except Sunday and I'm going to excuse myself from that. I started a stronger dose of the shot I take on Saturday night and it knocked me on my hind end, so that's ok. This time around I didn't wallow in that spot, I picked myself up and kept on going.

I did have to chuckle at myself this morning because I was curious what the distance around my block is, so I drove it. I couldn't figure out how to make the odometer do tenths of a mile, so I just figured I would drive until the mile changed and figure from there. Lucky for me it's about half a mile exactly, so I didn't have to worry too much about what the neighbors think!

And the side effect of all this "moving" is that I'm just feeling better emotionally. Endorphins perhaps???

One thing I do like about this journal entry is the rainbow in the corner. I've always said during happy times that my life is "rainbows and unicorns", so I'm liking this rainbow. I will admit to being very afraid of trying to draw a unicorn!!!

(And yes, I'm a few days behind on my journal!)

3 comments:

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

Hi

The Quote is really beautiful.. Great doodling... BTW I'm a little bit behind myself.. So don't worry about that

Emine

Lita said...

go go go!!! You can do it!!!! See you at the finish line!!!!

sharma said...

Glad to hear you are felling better - love your doodling on this page - keep going!