Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hot in Dallas!

I'll go for the obvious and call this picture "A Boy and His Dog" since it fits so well. This was Easter, late afternoon, and it was HOT! You can see in the picture that the main part of the park had no trees at all. Luckily I did bring water for Joe the wonder dog and he was most appreciative. But I wasn't smart enough to bring water for us or the kids.

And speaking of HOT, the Dallas area made the Paul Harvey show this morning. We had the dubious distinction yesterday to hit 101 degrees, the hottest day in April on record. But even more "awesome" was the fact that we had rolling blackouts in the city yesterday. The tv announcers said that has never happened here and I will admit that when you hear rolling blackouts the first thing that comes to mind is New York City. This does not bode well for a mild summer this year.

And I realized this morning on the way to work that even with average gas prices in my area hitting $2.85 a gallon we really aren't hearing that much about it on the news. Since we've hit $3 a gallon previously does that make it all right this time around? I will admit that it has curtailed my driving somewhat. My truck does not fall into the economy class at all and we didn't buy it for its low gas consumption. But right now it's not as fun to be in it as it has been in the past.

And it makes me feel old to be worrying about electricity use/prices and gasoline prices. ;)

~ Elizabeth

"God does not show us the whole way, but only the next step. His promise is, "I will counsel you with my eye upon you". - Ingrid Trobisch

No comments: