Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sock Team USA


OK, not only did I join the Knitting Olympics - I found out there is a Sock Team so I joined it as well! Just really seemed right since my event is the pair of Jaywalker socks. For part of my training I pulled out the Socks That Rock yarn last night that I'll be using and fondled it a bit - does that count?

A brief recap - my job is beyond boring (but I love it!) and I have lots of time to think during the day. So yesterday I was pondering the Knitting Olympics and how it's taken off like crazy and why we like to do things like this. I know that the outside world (non-knitting, non-blogging) would think it all silly.......and maybe it is. But in the course of our crazy lives having little silly things to band us together can't possibly be a bad thing. And if I end up with a pair of knitted socks when all is said is done I'll be thrilled! Keith and I enjoy watching the Olympics and now I will not feel guilty sitting there night after night watching tv and knitting. So go Sock Team USA! : )

~ Elizabeth

"We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort." - Jesse Owens, Olympian

No comments: