Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Church and the Home

Sunday morning was the last class at church prior to our joining next Sunday. I knew for sure that this is the right church for us because as soon as I opened my eyes Sunday morning I thought "Oh good, I get to go to church today!". The class consisted of church leaders telling us about different opportunities available in the church, such as missions, music, women's groups, etc. It all sounded so good I was ready to sign up for everything!

And before the class we went to church service where our new pastor (installed last weekend) did his first sermon. It's so exciting as he is just on fire and I feel like the church is going to be even more awesome.

Afterwards the three of us went to Mimi's Cafe for brunch and so that we could the momentum going and talk about the church. They brought out this cute wicker basket filled with jellies, honey and peanut butter alongside the muffins and toast. I of course got teased for taking the picture, but I really think I like this idea and am going to expand upon it in my own home. While I don't have individual condiments served with my meals, I think there will be other ways to use this idea.

~ Elizabeth

"Whether you come in to visit or just to rest when you enter our home may you be blessed." - Unknown

1 comment:

Amy from Ezekiel's Garden said...

How exciting about the church membership! My DH and I are in the process of joining our new church. Membership is by congregational vote, so we just have to give our testimonies to the congregation and get voted in. It is really awesome to be at the "right" church.

BTW, the basket idea is really neat. I could see it for a ladies' tea or something like that - with tea bags, creamer, sugar, etc. in it.