Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sock Report

I am so tired I cannot even begin to express it. My poor house is starting to show signs of it as well. Last night when I got home we discovered it would only be Keith and I for dinner, so we opted for easy and loaded up Joe the wonder dog and headed to Sonic for dinner. Joe enjoys the trips because he is convinced that everybody parked at Sonic is there to see him and many do come by the truck to pet him, so he's pleased.

When we got home I was all set to watch women's figure skating and knit, but found out they wouldn't be on tv til much later. I wasn't really in the mood for the bobsled races, so I clicked over to some sitcoms instead. I watched and knitted for an hour and the Jaywalker is coming along nicely. I noticed that the purple strands show up in this picture, but the blue looks more gray here. Since the picture was made about 8:30 last night there was obviously no natural light and this was the best I could do.

I guess I'll have to admit defeat on the Knitting Olympics. Though I plug along on these the timing was just terrible what with our manic work schedule right now. That's ok though, it gave me the push to get these going and I'm thoroughly enjoying the pattern and the yarn. I can't wait to finish the first sock and try it on. If these fit as much as I love the way they look I can see me being the Jaywalker maniac like many others are.

And I haven't forgotten the socks from the Jojoland Melody yarn - shown in the banner at the top of the page on my silly cat. That yarn is wonderful, too. I'm really kind of thinking that my favorite sock yarn seems to be whichever one I'm working on at the moment!

~ Elizabeth

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. - Isaiah 40:29

2 comments:

StarKnits said...

i love those colors that sock is sooo pretty. i think the next pair of socks i make will be in that pattern!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks are gorgeous so far...I love those colours, particularly the purple!

I think I might be starting the jaywalker pattern soon myself. I can hear them calling...lol.