Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Perfection

The major push we're having at work is almost over - yay! We'll be able to take lunches again and back to our normal schedule starting on Monday. I am so happy about this and didn't fully realize the benefit of taking a break from work until that break was taken away from me.

And yesterday, through a strange little twist, I ended up being the only one at home in the late afternoon/evening. First I took Joe the wonder dog to the park and we both ran around for a bit. When I came home I sat in the chair in our bedroom and was actually able to knit on the Jaywalker sock for a bit. And in the midst of my knitting I realized that I was experiencing one of those rare, utterly perfect moments in time. The sky was a brilliant blue, the light coming in was beautiful, the birds were singing a merry tune outside and a slight, cool breeze was coming in the window and ruffling the curtains. There was nothing else at that moment that could've made it any more perfect, so that was the moment to stop and praise God for all that He has done.

I found the timing interesting as well since during the sermon at church on Sunday our Pastor was talking about coming to Jesus and finding rest. These last few weeks, particularly because of busy work, have been going at a whirlwind pace and I needed that gentle reminder last night that there is a point to all the crazy running around. Rest and appreciation. It really couldn't have been any better.

~ Elizabeth

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul. - Psalm 23:1-3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my winter dog supplies site.
Have a good day!