Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jaywalkers - Day 1

Friday night the in-laws blew through town and stopped by for a bit. They were at the house for less than an hour, then we all went out for dinner together before they left to head home. A very short visit, but nice anyway.

When we got home we watched the opening ceremony and I cast on the first Jaywalker. The problem I'm having is that I always enjoy watching the Olympics, so I didn't get a whole lot done. My favorite part of every one of the Olympics is watching the athletes parade in. It's awesome to watch the young, hopeful faces and a great geography lesson as well. This picture was taken first thing Saturday morning.

The rest of my Saturday was spent shopping and eating with friends as we celebrated one of their birthdays. Wonderful time together and lots of laughter. I wasn't able to stay and scrapbook into the night as I needed to get home and in bed, but I enjoyed every single minute with them.

And tomorrow is day one of new member class in church and I am REALLY looking forward to it. Every person I've talked to at this church has been great and it will be good to get to know them better.

~ Elizabeth

"True friends are the people that are there for you unconditionally. They are the people that never question you and support you no matter what the circumstances are. They are the people worth living for." - unknown

1 comment:

StarKnits said...

looking good! sounds like you've had some fun wtih all your friends