Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Chocolate Dessert

Valentine's Day was so nice! Keith, Lynne' and I went to Olive Garden for dinner and we all shared dessert. The picture is a little out of focus - largely because I was shaking with excitement!!! Oh it was good!

And we did have a "just us" Valentine dinner the night before. I stopped at Hobby Lobby to get an ink pad (half price!), Keith stopped at his hobby store to get some glue and we met at Souper Salad. Our theory was we'd go the day before to beat the crowds. While we were eating dinner we did chuckle over how "romantic" our Valentine's Day was. But that's ok - we love each other very much and really don't need an official day for it.

And, sad to say, we might have an "Athlete Down" situation at my house for the Knitter Olympics. Unfortunately they happened to coincide with a very busy time at work and my carpal tunnel is screaming at me. I'm wearing braces during the day as well as my usual to bed routine and they still hurt. I'm afraid that the knitting might have to be put aside for a few days. I'm going to take Yarn Harlot's words to heart though and remember that it isn't seemly to whine and snivvle about it when things happen. Real life dictates that this athlete also work, so that's what will happen. Or I could be like a certain ice skater a few years back and wail the "Why me?" curses! LOL! And I know that I will finish these socks, just need a few days rest.

~ Elizabeth

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success." - Unknown

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel acting up. I totally understand that. Mine has been bothering my a little the last couple of days and I can't find my wrist guards anywhere. I don't have to wear them all the time, but when it acts up I like to wear them at night so it helps. Oh well. I am sure I'll get my scarf done though...almost half way complete now.