Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympics A Go-Go!

DOH! Somehow I got my dates wrong and thought the Olympics end this Sunday, when really I have another week. So this athlete is putting her knitting shoes back on and is back in the race! My arms are doing better after intense therapy (wearing a brace) and I'm hoping that will be all I need. I did manage 4 rounds on the Jaywalker last night while watching LOST!!! (looove that show). And with the Daytona 500 this Sunday I do anticipate lots of "in the seat in front of the tv"time, which translates to lots of knitting time in Elizabeth world.

OK, we've had the sports report, so on to the weather. Here in the Dallas area we're supposed to hit 80 degrees today! And then a cold front will move through and our high on Saturday will be 38 with the possibility of a wintery mix precipitation. Too funny! No wonder everybody you meet is sneezing and such. I keep hearing that those thoughts are old wives tales, but I believe firmly in it. And I'm not really all that old. ;)

So I think we're planning to go out on the motorcycle tonight while the weather is good. I did look at the house this morning while getting ready for work and briefly thought that I need to do some cleaning, but really if the weather will be bad this weekend there's plenty of time for that then. I hate to rush these things.

~ Elizabeth

"For the man sound in body and serene of mind there is no such thing as bad weather; every day has its beauty, and storms which whip the blood do but make it pulse more vigorously." - Henry Ryecroft

1 comment:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I am so glad you are back in the running for the olympics!!! I was thinking that it's over really soon too...and realized there I have another week and a couple days. Still though, I have 2 mid terms this coming week, a board meeting at church, plus the mid week kids program...I'm a little over half way done the scarf though, so that's promising.