Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Weather Outside Isn't Frightful!


I had to really look to find some ice today, but when we stopped to put gas in the Avalanche we finally found some! All the schools in the Dallas area are closed, including Dallas school district itself, which means that my company is closed as well. As you can see by the little bit of concrete under the truck it ended up warming up and melting quite nicely. I'm still glad they closed schools though as there were quite a few accidents this morning on the news. In my opinion it's always better to be safe than sorry when you're talking about the kids.


The three of us met James and Loni for lunch at Taco Bueno today and found some frozen grass, so I figured I better take a picture of it as proof. This is my very first adult "snow" day and really it's rather a bust.

On the bright side, I just put a cream cheese pound cake in the oven and have cast on for second sock. I'll be knitting away on it shortly and look at the glow of the Christmas tree. Really a nice way to spend the evening. And I have tomorrow off work as a vacation day, so once the Christmas cards are ready for mailing I'll probably do more sitting and knitting on socks. Just nice and relaxing. :)

~ Elizabeth

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever!
Hebrews 13:8

No comments: