Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day

This is what a snow day in Dallas looks like! Now I will say that when we went out the front door Joe found a patch of ice on the sidewalk and slipped, so there are some tricky spots. But overall it's not bad at all.

The pound cake came out perfectly and made a great breakfast this morning with my coffee. I also made some pumpkin butter and have a few more batches of that to make as well, which might happen today.

So last night I knitted on the sock while watching CSI and Without a Trace. I've never been much of a tv watcher, but I've started thinking that must be because life gets so busy with young kids. My life is very relaxing now, so I get to watch tv and knit by the glow of the Christmas tree. If all goes well the sock should be finished by the time I go to bed tonight.

Today I took a vacation day and turns out I have no real plans as the plans we had made fell through. That's perfectly ok with me though as this day was a "use it by the end of the year or lose it" type of thing and no way will I lose a day off! There's a couple of errands to run and then I'm just going to play with my toys today.

~ Elizabeth

From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other.

No comments: