Friday, December 16, 2005

One for Mr. Manners

We've always said the little ditty "Leave one for Mr. Manners" in our house and the last few days it seems that Joe has bought into the idea. One crunchy left in the bowl and I'm assuming it's for Mr. Manners. When he saw me in taking a picture of his feeding trough he ran in so that he could be in the picture as well. And shortly after taking the shot he reached down and ate Mr. Manners' crunchy. ;)

I did finally get a chance to do some knitting yesterday - first time in over a week! I had a headache at work all morning, so at lunch I went out to my truck to sit and knit and hope that the breeze would help clear my head. Did about 4 rows of the heel flap of my sock, then stopped to admire my work and realized I'd gotten the rows backwards. :rolling my eyes at myself here: The next several minutes were spent "unknitting" and by then it was time to go back to work. My sock was at the same point after knitting as it was before I started! Luckily last night I was able to knit some before bed and the heel flap is almost complete. I had forgotten how relaxing knitting is for me, so I'm going to try and sneak in 15 minutes or so here and there more often.

~ Elizabeth

"Man is troubled by what might be called the dog wish, a strange and involved compulsion to be as happy and carefree as a dog."
- James Thurber

No comments: