Tuesday, August 31, 2010

40 Rocks – Happy Birthday Gift for Sister-in-Law

  SONY DSC

I mentioned yesterday that the family came down over the weekend to celebrate my sister-in-law’s 40th birthday – which is today by the way – Happy Birthday Michele!

Thinking, thinking …. what gift to give?  She’s been celebrating turning 40 for a bit and is fully embracing it.  And this is what I came up with, especially since my 40’s have been the best years of my life and I’m hoping the same for her.

 

SONY DSC

A side note to the “rocks” portion of this gift – Aunt Michele was the one that brought Pop Rocks for Brooklyn to try for the first time.  That made this gift even more perfect for her!

 

SONY DSC

And yes, double meaning to the words on the jar.  I’m hoping that Michele’s years in her 40’s really do “rock” and she enjoys them to the fullest.  And also, there are 40 “rocks” – pop rocks – inside the jar!

 

SONY DSC

The technical information on the jar –

  • label is the Bigz Top Note die from Stampin’ Up
  • the 40 and ROCKS is from the Cricut cartridge Winter Wonderland
  • stamp set on the lid is Crazy for Cupcakes from Stampin’ Up
  • 5/8” Satin Ribbon in Basic Black and Real Red from Stampin’ Up

I put some red paper “Easter grass” from the gift wrap section in the bottom of the jar, then added all the pop rocks.

 

001 copy

And I do believe she liked it!

 

 

** Linking to Take a Look Tuesday, Anything Related, Toot Your Horn Tuesday, Topsy Turvy Tuesday, Talented Tuesday, Get Your Craft On, We Did It Wednesday, Spotlight Yourself, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Look What I Made!

11 comments:

Melinda said...

I love it! What a totally fun idea!

Leah said...

What a special gift! 41 Rocks too!

Michell @ Girl In Air said...

LOVE IT!! Cute blog...I'm your newest follower...stop by girlinair.blogspot.com
if ya like:-)

Erin said...

I love this! How perfect!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love it sis!!!! This is going to be a great decade.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Very cute. Love it!!! So clever. Love & blessings from NC!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

What a cute and fun gift! And the jar is sooo cute!

Kara said...

Cute gift idea!! Love it!

Mary said...

Totally cute idea!

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

Great gift and wonderful idea. I remember a day we had pop rocks spewing in our mouths singing at the top of our lungs! Miss those days and you.

Wendee said...

Using for my sister-in-law who turns 40 this month!
Thanks for a great idea :)
Wendee
http://3chick-a-dees.blogspot.com/