Saturday, August 14, 2010

Saturday Stumbles #25

Is it hot where you are? I'm just about to declare the heat as the winner here and start waving my white flag of surrender. Just not wanting to do much of anything when it gets this hot.

But I did find how to make Lemon Ice at The Idea Room and her photos alone are worth clicking over to see it. It sounds so cool and refreshing and how fun to serve to people when they come and visit.

Or for a daily treat, how about a Limeshake Slushie from 2nd Cup of Coffee? It sounds fantastic and it's actually not bad for you - a double treat! I'll warn you though, if you click over there you're liable to have a song stuck in your head for a while. Ask me how I know. ;)

And necklaces keep catching my eye. The Quick Chiffon Chain Necklace at Flamingo Toes looks like something my daughter would love. It would be so cute with a t-shirt or something plain so it wouldn't take away from the coolness of the necklace.

Flamingo Toes also has the Anthro Knockoff - Akela Necklace that is so cute. This one reminds me that everything old becomes new again eventually, at least somewhat. When my kids were quite young my BFF and I taught children's classes through the Community Education program. We did a similar necklace with the kids using tubes of fabric and marbles. The one Flamingo Toes does takes that idea and adds a little more BAM! to it. :)

The Zippered Laptop Sleeve Tutorial over at Crap I've Made is SO CUTE! I can just imagine showing up in a meeting and pulling out a laptop in this darling cover. So feminine and fun!

And as always, some sort of treat. I loved ordering scones at Starbucks back when I went there all the time, so finding a recipe for Chocolate Chip Scones at The Stories of A2Z has me intrigued. I like that there's so few ingredients and that they go from bowl to table so fast.

There's a good chance that the ice, the slushie and the scones will be tried very soon. If it happens, I'll be sure to share. If you try any, please do let me know!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am tried of the heat also!
Will this be a clue of a bad winter?

Jenni said...

I am SO with you on the heat thing! Normally we have nice, mild weather in the summer here in the Seattle area, but not so much this summer! :) I am definitely curious about both the Lemon Ice and the Limeshake Slushies right about now! :)

I hope you are having a wonderful day! :)

Blessings,
Jenni
Beautiful Nest