Happy, Happy Friday y’all! I’m looking forward to a great 3 day weekend and get to see my kids – does it get any better than that??? :) Hop on over to Susanne’s Living To Tell The Story to see many more Friday’s Fave Five….and let’s accentuate the positive!
1. Obviously number 1 on my list is getting to be with all my family last weekend for my sister-in-law’s birthday. Always enjoy seeing everybody and spending time together. We also pretty much ate out most meals and that made for some good times. :)
2. Cooler Weather!!! I absolutely adore summer, but the lovely rainfall and windy morning is music to my soul. Really we are so blessed to have the 4 seasons and see all the unique things that comes along with each one of them. There are things to love about each season and I wouldn’t change a thing.
3. Knitting – intense knitting! I’ve been working on a baby blanket for a friend’s daughter that is due in October, but would set it aside for other projects that came up. Well…the baby shower came in the mail and I have a little over a week to get this finished now – eek! LOL! Fortunately I have a very understanding husband and he is happy to join me on the sofa and watch tv while I knit away. I do think I should finish in time, but it will take some superhero knitting to get it done! :)
4. Speaking of knitting, the Dallas Handknitters Guild starts up again next week and the program for the fall is a lace shawl by none other than The Knitting Fairy! Alissa is a lot of fun and I always enjoy spending time with her, so I’m looking forward to this.
5. I have found myself going on walks with the dog in the evenings again now that the over 100 degree weather is gone. This is something that I really enjoy as it rather soothes my soul to walk along together. It’s nice to stop and chat with neighbors along the way or just walk in the quiet and listen to the words God whispers to me. And in that quiet the words sometimes come in the form of flowers or butterflies or such and I find that my day to day life is filled with such business that I sometimes miss the words. The walks slow me down to listen.
“Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalm 46:10