For whatever reason I sure feel like doing a Snoopy dance today for Friday! It has not been a bad week, just happy to see the weekend I suppose. As always, click on over to Susanne at Living To Tell The Story for more Friday Fave Five.
1. Feeding the Birds – which makes me think of this Disney song:
So back to my original thoughts – and funny that I’ve put a Disney video here. I am enjoying my two bird feeders immensely. At different times during the day there might be 20-30 birds on the feeder, on the tree next to it, the ground underneath and in the bushes nearby. Usually there will be a squirrel or two frolicking nearby as well. I’ve told Keith that when it gets like this it reminds me of a Disney movie, like Cinderella to be exact, when she walks out with her melodic singing and the birds flutter around and land on her shoulders. While I don’t have it quite that idyllic (yet!), it brings me great joy to sit and watch the birds. I’m very blessed to have quite a few cardinals in the area (who knew?) and they are so very beautiful.
2. Baking – I’ve mentioned before my cooking blog, Gramma’s Cookin’, and I have to say that the side benefit of starting this is that I’m thoroughly enjoying baking and cooking again. To be fair, when you reach the empty nest stage of life you really do have so much more time and that does help to change a task from a chore to a joy. I am actually cooking my way through a lot of the recipes that I’ve torn out of magazines through the years or printed from the internet. In the process I”m finding some new big favorites – what a bonus!
(and let me add – I have a Blueberry Pound Cake in the oven right now that smells divine!)
3. Knitting – Because Netflix has the instant view feature we’re catching up on quite a few tv series that we missed out on through the years. Since this involves a lot of quality “sitting” time I’m also getting a lot of knitting done. Finished a shawl last night and as soon as the ends are woven in I’ll be sharing that here. Which meant that I immediately cast on a hat and I’ll betcha it will be done today, so that will be shared soon as well. Honestly – there is nothing quite so soothing as that yarn sliding through my fingers and creating something.
4. Room rearranging – Oh.My.Word. This house is in such chaos right now as we redefine what some of the rooms will be used for. But I’m actually starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel for “my room” and have started even thinking of the decorating process. I’ll have my computer desk (naturally!), scrapbooking table, cutting table and sewing machine in here. Since it will be a place to create I’m hoping that I can eventually get it to look like a place to inspire me as well. Really looking forward to making things in here and feeling very blessed to have this space.
5. My daughter got a job! Really I probably should’ve made this #1 since that’s pretty huge. She’s been working at a job through a temp agency for the last 2 years and just went through interviews and such at a different company and got the job! She started yesterday and when we talked last night it did this mama’s heart good to hear her so happy and at peace. I’m especially thrilled that she’s working at a good company and got a good offer during this economy. God is good – all the time!