Monday, August 09, 2010

FTL 102 - Starry Thank You Card

I have a few cards that I need to get in the mail and last night seemed like the perfect time to get started. Cause really when it feels like it's 150 degrees outside it's hard to get excited about doing much of anything other than staying inside!

I haven't done any stamping in a long time and while making this card I rediscovered how much joy this hobby brings me. I'm thinking it's time to dust off all the supplies and keep at it. :)

Since my card muse has left and set up who knows where, I decided to revisit one of the challenges I used to love on Clean & Simple Stamping. This is the FTL 102 (Fall To Layout - meaning it's a great layout and easy to use) sketch:

FTL102

And this is my card:

SONY DSC

I am *enormously* pleased with this card (pretend the photo above is super great and not washed out)! The colors in real life are vibrant and bold and right now are a favorite color combination of mine. I think it's because it's so summery - the citrus colors of lemon, lime and orange.

Supplies:

Stamps - July Fourth, Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up)
Inks - Versamark, Palette Noir Black
Paper - Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Only Orange (Stampin' Up)
Embellishments - Dew Drops


** Linking to Making The World Cuter

4 comments:

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

That is adorable!! I love it!!

Manda said...

So cute!! I love seeing your cards! :D

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love your card. I think the simplicity of the stars is so pretty! Great job! I love to make cards and I go to a class once a month where we make cards. So fun!!! Love & blessings from NC!

Tiffanee said...

So darling!! I wish I was creative!!