Friday, September 28, 2007

Happiness...

I wish I could snap a photo right now of what I see on my cube wall at work. I have a beautiful Arizona wall calendar hanging up that was a gift from a co-worker. I’ve never been to Arizona, but the photos have been breathtaking and enjoyable to look at all year. Right now there is a beautiful, serene photo – the same one I’ve “seen” all September – and the sunlight from outside is hitting it just right to where I can almost feel like I’m there. Thank you God for sharing this beauty. Even if I never experience this in person I have totally been blessed by this photo.

And it’s funny to see and feel this today. Earlier I was sitting here and a vision of “me” popped into my head. Hopefully I’m not the only one that’s ever done that before, but if so, ok. J My heart and soul has been so full and happy lately that in my head I’m standing in a field of flowers with my arms stretched up to the sky, head tilted back with a smile and a full skirt twirling around me. Honestly I feel like I could just twirl and spin and laugh. I remember as a child there were some tall hills in a park by our home (how this relates I don’t know, but I did just think of it!) that we loved to go to and lay down and roll down the hill. Wonderful, carefree times.

This is a good time to share – I’m probably in remission! My doctor said last week that he always hesitates to proclaim remission as too many times his patients will go off and do something silly, but I don’t have to go back for six months. And no more weekly shot – Praise God! He did say that if everything remains the same that in six months he will call it remission. Could that be why I want to embrace the heavens and dance? The power of prayer is so huge that sometimes it can take my breath away. I am both honored and humbled by this. (To answer the unasked question – no, I don’t have cancer. But for my disease to be in remission is very exciting to me.)

Have a blessed day today!

5 comments:

Liz G. said...

Tears of JOY!!! Love you, my friend!

Unknown said...

A merry heart does good like a medicine. Proverbs
You are taking the very best kind of
medicine. I believe God loves to see a grateful heart.
Rejoicing with you, Eunice

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! You are an inspiration to me even though I don't say it often enough.

Knitting Rose said...

YEAH!!! You look GREAT!! too!

Loni said...

I am going to say Brooklyn is the best medicine! And you know you are welcome to come by for a dose anytime!