Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WFMW - Removing Ink Stains

I haven't done a Works For Me Wednesday in quite some time simply because I really didn't have anything to share. But last night when we were making cards I saw something demonstrated that was so cool!

One of my friends got ink on a brand new blouse and we were all rather heartbroken for her. Our hostess had her take the blouse off, turned it inside out, put a napkin under the stain and sprayed hair spray on the back side of the ink! The stubborn part of the stain required several applications of hairspray and a tad bit of light scrubbing with a toothbrush, but do you know that every bit of that ink came out? I was amazed and delighted to see that!

So there you have it - proof that you can have fun and still come clean at the end of the day. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother-in-law taught me this trick many years ago to deal with cancelling ink as both hubby and Father-in-law worked at the Post Office. Doesn't work for gel inks though. If anyone has a solution for those, I'd love to hear it!!

Virginia said...

Yep, hairspray is a lifesaver. I washed and dryed a pen with my white uniforms and used 2 bottles of hairspray and got it all out! Amazing little tidbit, huh?!?