Saturday, October 06, 2007

Happy Saturday!

This beautiful scene is what met me this morning when I arrived at J&L's house. This little girl is just too precious for words! And notice those cutey little Robeez shoes she has on from her great-aunt Michele!

Loni, Brooklyn and I went to garage sales this morning and had such a nice time. One of my favorite moments came when I was pushing the stroller and an older gentleman offered me 2 vcr movies if he could keep Brooklyn! He was so sweet and just laughed when I told him I thought I might want to keep my granddaughter. :) We chatted for a bit and he told me his grandkids had all just moved to Oregon and he missed them terribly. Bless his heart, I just can't imagine.

I was shocked to see how long it's been since I updated my blog. One of the biggest reasons has been work - I've been b.u.s.y.!!!! And it was finally announced yesterday, so I figure that means it's okay for me to post here - I've received a big promotion! Not sure it's totally sunk in yet, but exciting just the same. Now that means I get to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe!!!

And that leads to exciting news #2 - I've joined Weight Watchers! When I went to OKC recently with my cousin M she was telling me how wonderful the program is and she has done very, very well. Then a gal I work with found a nearby meeting and asked if I wanted to go with her. I did, we joined and at my 2nd weigh-in last week I discovered that I had lost 3.8 pounds my first week! VERY exciting! A bunch of my friends are also doing WW, so I think the support system of family, friends and work friends has helped tremendously. All this means my new wardrobe just might be a big smaller than what I used to wear. Happiness!

One last note - notice the pink breast cancer site logo over in the right margin. Please click on this every time you visit my blog, then click the pink "click here" button on the next page that comes up. Sponsors donate money to breast cancer research for every click and you can click every day. Such a very simple thing to do for such a worthwhile cause.

Indecision may or may not be my problem. - Jimmy Buffett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea for you on the WL at WW and the big promo! Brooklyn is so sweet.....she is getting so big. I can see how you wouldn't want to take your eyes off of her.

Maybe I will see you soon?