Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Fabric for Brooklyn

Apparently as soon as you become a grandma your sewing gene is reactivated. I've been in the mood to sew for several weeks and as luck would have it a dear friend just went through her patterns and gave me quite a few baby girl patterns. I deemed it to be fate and headed out to Joann's on Sunday, 40% off coupon clutched in my hand. I bought the fabric and lining fabric for a darling little sundress and matching pants for Brooklyn. I realize that this time of year a sundress might not get a lot of use, but I figure she can wear a little onesie under it.

Unfortunately my math skills still aren't something to brag about and I ended up with 1/8th of a yard short. I figured surely I could skootch the pieces around and make it work, but no luck. Off to Joann's I went again on Monday and luckily they still had the fabric. Let me tell you that store is a madhouse on Labor Day weekend!!! The cutting table has a "take a number" system and when a number was called you'd hear a girly voice shout out with glee and see somebody run to the table. It really was almost as fun as winning the lottery!


Last night was knit night at Starbucks. Some people herald the changing of the seasons by looking at the trees, but I think my favorite signal that a new season is upon us can be found in the new drinks at Starbucks! Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino - really it doesn't get much better than that. I continued working on the baby blanket and love seeing what others are working on - it's always very inspiring. Very pleased to hear last night that this group has decided to meet every week now. :)


In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~ Jeff Bezos

1 comment:

Sugar Britches Knits! said...

Pumpkin Spice! Yum! I love the quote about coffee too lol.

I wish I were closer to you ladies to join the knit night!