Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall Into Reading

I have been spending some time today reading a bunch of reading lists! Katrina is hosting another reading challenge and since reading has been my favorite hobby since forever I'm going to join again. If anybody needs book ideas, just click the link above and I think there are links to 146 blogs (as of right now) that have published their fall reading lists!

Fiction

* The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (I have this in my book pile at home and it has been recommended to me by countless people.)

* The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson (I have been wanting to read this series for quite some time, so the time must be now!)

* The Elevator by Angela Hunt (I just learned of this book from one of the links above. I love books filled with suspense and this sounded like a good one.)

Non-Fiction

* You Matter More Than You Think by Dr. Leslie Parrott (Another book I found from the above links. This is a subject I struggle with anyway, so perhaps this book will be helpful.)

* Mosaic: Pieces of My Life So Far by Amy Grant (I've always been fond of Amy Grant and I do enjoy biographies, so this seems like a natural for me.)

--<>--

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. - P.J. O'Rourke

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine read The Kite Runner and stayed up all night reading it. It is supposed to be very good. I have read several of Angela Hunt's books and they are very good. I had no idea Amy Grant has a biography, that is something I need to add to my list. If you want to read a good one about marriage, read Alan and Denise Jackson's book, it is fabulous. I read it in one night. And, I gotta figure out how you are doing your monkey socks!

Anonymous said...

I hear Kite Runner is a great read. Lot's of Fall readers are reading Mosaic, too. Enjoy your Fall reading...

Deborah said...

the yada yada series is absoulutely awesome. it's like reading your life in a book. and if that's the first angela hunt book you've read, you'll end up wanting to read all her books.

Anonymous said...

Kite Runner the movie is coming out in November! Can't wait. Happy reading!

Peapod Four said...

Thanks for stopping by! Your excitement over my authors made me smile.

I've seen the Kite Runner book on so many lists...makes me curious about it. I might just have to add that one too!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

It looks like there will be a bunch of us reading The Kite Runner this fall! I've also been listening to the audio version (a little bit at a time) of You Matter More Than You Think, and am enjoying it. Thanks for being part of the Fall into Reading challenge!

Tricia said...

I hope you enjoy the Yada Yade prayer group as much as I did - the series is just wonderful!