Sunday, September 09, 2007

Pancakes for Breakfast

It hit me last night just how much we've been eating out again, so I told Keith that for one week we will eat at home (really went out on a limb there didn't I!), unless an emergency came up (you know those "must eat at a restaurant" type of emergencies!).

This morning I decided to try a pancake recipe that I had printed out a while ago. These were really quite good and since you make a mix first this will be my new favorite pancake recipe. I've really been quite wary lately of all the preservatives and things in store mixes, so this fits quite well. And yes I see the irony of worrying about preservatives in cooking mixes vs. fast food. :)
--<>--
And now for the rest of the story. I hated to leave anybody with the idea that everything here is always rainbows and unicorns. Here's what happened when I first made the recipe this morning: The way the recipe works is that first you stir dry ingredients together to make a mix so that you can keep it in the cabinet for use. Then I scooped out what I needed for today's batch in the brown bowl. Whisk the wet ingredients together and add to the dry and whisk together just until the lumps disappear. As I was whisking I kept thinking that these lumps were never going to go away and that my poor whisk was in danger of snapping! Then it hit me - I had added the wet ingredients to the bowl with ALL THE REST OF THE DRY MIX!!! DOH! After a quick trip to the store for more buttermilk we were back in business. :rolling my eyes:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

UMMMMMMMM!!!!! I love pancakes!!!

Anonymous said...

Bring on the syrup!!!

Wendy said...

Oh My that so sounds like something I would do. Just like the time I was making Blackberry jam, and forgot to measure the berries, and dumped the sugar into the berry bowl, well I had probably about 6 cups of berries and only needed 4, so that was a batch of berries that had to go.

someone else said...

Those are gorgeous pancakes!

I wanted to stop by and say thank you for visiting my blog last week and leaving such a nice comment. Please come back any time.