Monday, September 17, 2007

Chocolatey Goodness

On our way back home this weekend I somehow convinced Keith to stop by the Russell Stover Store in Corsicana. You can't see it in the picture, but behind and to the right of the store is the giant plant where they make the confectionary delights. During business hours they have tours and while I was disappointed to have missed that, perhaps it was from the best. Can you imagine their faces when one of the tour guests - that would be me - had to stop and embrace all that chocolatey goodness?
Lest anyone think that Keith stopped there just for me to visit the store, I'm going to tell the rest of the story. He actually would NOT have stopped and that actually IS for me. He knows that I'm doing really well on my losing weight and even though the saying is "like a kid in a candy store" he knows that an "Elizabeth in a chocolate store" is just asking for diet sabotage. And he would NOT have stopped for himself because even though he enjoys a slice of chocolate cake on occasion he's just not that excited about candy. What he WILL stop for is a geocache. I found one online called "My love for chocolate" or something like that and of course immediately loaded it into the gps. We searched for this cache for a little while before I gave up and said "Really, since we're here anyway we should go inside." What a dastardly plot indeed. ;)
So now today I'm quite popular at work. I bought a case (I kid you not!) of the cutest little tin boxes that have 4 of the Whitman's assorted chocolates inside. This morning I left a tin on the desk of everybody in my area and it was fun hearing their reactions.
I've learned that everybody here loves chocolate. And I've learned that even more than chocolate everybody here loves little tins - LOL! I've also learned that chocolate surprises make people smile a LOT!
Another popular saying is that "diamonds are a girl's best friend (bff?)", but I'm here to tell you that chocolate makes an awfully good second best friend (2bff?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, you are making me hungry for...CHOCOLATE. LOL

You should show us those cute little chocolate tins. I wanna see!!!

Hugs and smiles

Wendy said...

Oh shame on you..As Mother Nature is knocking at my door, and no chocolate in site........now I read this, will be making a trek into town later to get some now.....I live 30 minutes away from Morley's candy......Need to take the kids there (myself more so)Hubby use to make deliveries there of electrical parts and they would give him oodles of chocolate, he knew that he better not leave it all at work, r I would have his hide. So I would get my fix and the others he worked with would get some too.
Mmm miss those days........
Free Chocolate who can resist......