Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Punch Club Card

Last night was Punch Club, our monthly stamping/altered art group. The LSS nearest us is now closing at 7:00, so our Plan B was to meet at Ruth's house. Ruth is a fabulous hostess and genuinely enjoys opening her home to others. She had fabulous peach tea (and y'all know I'm all over peach tea!) and many other snacks. The best, in my opinion, was some ladylike sandwiches. She used a small package of cream cheese, whipped it with 1/4 - 1/3 cup of powdered sugar, spread on pumpernickel bread and cut the sandwiches into fourths. Absolutely divine!

Tonja was our teacher this month and while we were all disappointed that she didn't bring her son Jack (he's already going to be turning one year old!), we still loved her just the same. Her project was cards and since I turn into a pumpkin early evening I left before most were finished. I did finish this one and it's so elegant, at least in real life (still working on learning the camera). I think this would make a good sympathy card. (Stamp is Stampin' Up, retired I think)

The other cards we did involved making background paper using shaving cream and ink and another using a spin art like when we were kids! Both were fun, but the spin art had us really laughing. Truly brought out the child in everybody present.

No comments: