Monday, September 03, 2007

Brooklyn's First Sleepover

Finally the big day arrived - Brooklyn got to spend the night at grandma's house Saturday night!

But first we had such nice family time. We all went to eat and had such a good time. Brooklyn slept through the whole meal, but I know that someday she'll be right there having fun with the rest of us. Maybe that's why she's sleeping so much....saving up her energy???

But as soon as we got back to the house and put her on her play mat she was wide awake and SO cute! She's starting to verbalize more and it makes me laugh every time.

Keith and James set up a webcam and we called mom and put her on speaker phone so she could talk to us and see Brooklyn play. The picture shows Aunt Lynne' holding Brooklyn and even Joe was trying to get in on the fun! I love technology. :)

After Brooklyn had a bottle and was ready for a nap, Keith pulled out the old Super 8 movies and that was so much fun. I kept getting tears seeing my kids as babies and toddlers. Where does the time go???

James and Loni left and poor Loni had big crocodile tears in her eyes at the thought of leaving Brooklyn. It really was so sweet. :)

Lynne', Keith and I played with Brooklyn for the longest time. It's fun when babies start getting just a little older and you can interact with them. And Aunt Lynne' was so good at getting Brooklyn into her jammies. There is something about little footed sleepers that we all just adore.

The picture of Brooklyn and I was taken Sunday morning. She is just such a doll and makes the cutest faces! She would make me laugh, then that would make her grin real big.


Have I mentioned just how much I love this little girl??? :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!!! Growing so fast. Sorry we missed you over the weekend, but we were all over the place. I think I might be getting the hang of driving in Dallas.

Anonymous said...

I just love love love seeing these pictures of you and the family and Brooklyn, we are getting to see how she is growing like a weed...Can't wait to see her in person again. She's just beautiful!

Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, she is beautiful and precious! What an incredible blessing!!! I'm thrilled for you and your entire family.

Enid said...

okay....I'm in tears...your life is wonderful Elizabeth!