Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wednesday Morning

We're on a roll with this going to the movies thing! Last night Keith, Lynne' and I went to see Mission Impossible III at the dollar movies. Kind of sad to think how quickly this movie died out in the theaters and is already at the dollar movies. The best part for us though is that our dollar theater is only fifty cents on Tuesday nights - woohoo! There's hardly a movie out there that isn't worth fifty cents. And since we love movies where things blow up, this movie did not disappoint us!

We did see a prime example of an uncaring employee though. The young gal stationed at the lecturn to take tickets and direct you to the theater where your movie is playing was bent over at the waist, her chin on her hands and elbows leaned on the lecturn. She would take the ticket and grunt "left" or "right" and that was it. I suppose that since they only charge fifty cents for tickets they probably are not paying the employees a high rate, so they probably get what they pay for. But it was rather surprising nonetheless.

This morning at a stoplight on the way to work - I kid you not - the man in the car next to me had his laptop open and propped on the steering wheel just typing away! I have no idea if he continued typing when the light changed or not as I was in a hurry to get away from him. I felt a little less than safe knowing he was traveling the same roads I was. ;)

~ Elizabeth

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them to become what they are capable of being." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments: