Monday, July 10, 2006

Silver and Gold

Horribly cliche I know, but this weekend was such a perfect example of the old addage "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." Friday morning I received a phone call from a long time friend that I haven't spoken with in a while. We had the best time catching up and solving the world's problems and when we disconnected Cingular was happy to report, via the cell phone, that we'd talked for two and a half hours! She is truly a friend that when we talk it seems like we've never been apart. Definitely a "gold" friend.

Then Saturday night I spent some time with some ladies that I'm just getting to know better. I had a really nice time and see in them many of the qualities that I enjoy in a friend. When I left and during the drive home I realized that I had a smile on my face, which is an obvious sign of a good time. Hopefully some "silver" friendships were strengthened that evening.

Last night I finally managed to get the ends woven in on the first scarf I've made for the Think Pink Challenge and I'm pretty pleased with it. This scarf was fun to knit as it satisfied my "instant gratification" need quite well. And oh so soft!

~ Elizabeth

"...we shape our lives with a circle of friends" - Unknown

No comments: