Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Love and Starbucks

My wonderful husband stopped at Starbucks on the way home from work and brought me this - a Venti Blackberry Green Tea Frappuccino! I really adore this drink, though I did learn Saturday morning that not everybody does. My friends and I always meet at Starbucks before making the hour drive to our class and I had just received this drink when some of the others arrived. We passed it around, everybody tasted it and they all decided it was too sweet for them. Since I also love sweet tea I suppose it's no wonder that I love this sweet drink as well.

I thought last night about how the little things like this drink have made our marriage so wonderful for 26 years. NOT that this drink is the key to a happy marriage, but the fact that he thinks to do things like this are part of the key. Then of course it made me think of the kids and their wedding and my prayer is that they too will find a marriage like what Keith and I have. Ours might not be as flashy as some, not as daring or action packed, but what it IS is filled with caring and love. An example of not flashy or action packed would be the rest of our evening last night. We went to CompUSA to get a new mouse for my laptop, had dinner at Bennigan's, then did some shopping at Sam's before coming home. The rest of the my evening was paperwork - bill paying, filing, etc. As we were getting ready for bed, Keith asked me how my day was and I replied with all sincerity that I loved it. Honestly, time spent with him is good no matter what we are doing. My life is very full. :)

~ Elizabeth

God's love for us is not a love that always exempts us from trials, but rather, a love that always sees us through trials. - Unknown

No comments: