Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy Thursday!

I know that things are returning to normal routine when I start posting Joe pictures again! This dog is so funny with the things he lets us do. Last night on the way to Bible Study I was talking - again - about being a world renowned photographer and Keith actually agreed that it was possible. Of course he then pointed out that people across the globe would love seeing pictures of Joe the Wonder Dog!

Our Bible Study was awesome again. We really didn't talk about the DaVinci Code specifically last night, but used it as a jumping off point to talk about the Canonization of Scripture. Very interesting and we also had one of the men in our congregation give us a talk about "The Gospel of Judas", which he'll finish telling us about next week. It's the first time I've heard this man speak and it was quickly apparent why he's so highly regarded in our church. He has a Ph.D. in some word that I've never heard before (which is why he has the ph.d. and I do not!), but he said it basically means he knows a lot about old documents. We just learned so much last night and I love that. Maybe Keith is right and I need to take a college course to make my brain actually do some thinking again - I loved it!

I received a package of hobby stuff in the mail night before last and as I was putting it away last night it struck me at how long it's been since I've played with my toys. No knitting, no scrapbooking, no quilting, no cross stitching and know what? It's ok. Our crafts and hobbies shouldn't distract us from real life, but should enhance our life. For a few weeks I wasn't feeling well and did nothing, then the wedding just made me float and smile and not concentrate, so now it's ok to start playing again! Hopefully I can get my focus back before Saturday because I'm going to a scrapbook class with friends!

~ Elizabeth

When I said, "My foot is slipping," Your love, O Lord, supported me. - Psalm 94-18

No comments: