Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sisterchicks on the Loose

I can't believe I haven't said anything about this book yet (and thank you to amazon for the picture)! A sisterchick is "a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart, loves you like a sister, and provides a reality check when you're being a brat". This book is the first in a series of christian novels on friendship. I had seen the recommendation somewhere on my internet travels and had to try for myself. I read somewhere that it's laugh out loud funny and I'm not sure I agree with that. But it does have many, many pearls that make me reach for my journal to write them down for later. The Biblical and spiritual insights are EXACTLY what I need to be hearing right now and are more of a reflective nature rather than being preachy. I really would like to be more like the women in this book than what I am and reading it perhaps will make me more so.

Perfect segue for me to talk about last night. I didn't pull out any of my scrapbooking stuff to work on at all! I did pull out a layout to show, but that was it. However, it was a great evening. The group of friends that were there are wonderful and of course we laughed so very much. Each person there has a special gift and I love being around them. Maybe I need to do a small book on my friends and list their special gifts??? I will say though that Dawn seemed a little nervous when we started talking about pinky swears! It was an evening with friends that you don't want to end and when I got home and was laying in bed I found myself reflecting some more on adult friendships of women.

One quote from the Sisterchick book that applies so well to me and my friends last night: "If laughter is good medicine, then I believe Elina could have been cured of her hormone imbalances and her crazy-making mood swings by the time Penny finished releasing all those healing endorphins through her storytelling abilities."

~ Elizabeth

Friendship
There's a miracle of Friendship
that dwells within the heart,
And you don't know how it happens
or where it gets its start.
But the happiness it brings you
always gives a special lift,
And you realize that Friendship
Is God's most perfect gift.
- Jean Kyler McManus

No comments: