Friday, November 04, 2005

HAPPY FRIDAY!

What a glorious Friday morning it is here in North Texas! I am so blessed to have the job I have - we have been working some really long and extra hours, so they gave us today off! That is just so kind of them and perfect timing since mom will be arriving early afternoon today. So far I've been doing laundry this morning and have the windows open enjoying a beautiful cool, fall breeze.

My birthday was very low key and wonderful yesterday. I did get to tease the gals I work with and that was fun. We were down to the final wire trying to get a project out the door on time, so we've been working through lunch this week. I completely forgot about taking my lunch yesterday, so I ate some club crackers that I keep in my desk and had some water. I got a lot of mileage out of saying my birthday lunch was crackers and water!!! It really will work out to be better this way because we also missed another gal's birthday at work, so we're planning a nice lunch out next Wednesday.

When I got home from work last night I had these beautiful flowers from Keith! I love the look and smell of fresh flowers and have always said that when my ship comes in I will keep fresh flowers in the house. How special that he remembered my love for flowers. James and Loni came over and brought me Season 1 of 3rd Rock from the Sun - I can't believe they remembered me saying how much I enjoy that show! We went to Babe's Chicken and had a delicious dinner. After they went home Keith went in and made frosting for the cake that he'd made earlier and came into the living room with a slice of cake with a candle on it and sang Happy Birthday to me. It was so special and I so love that man! We were still stuffed from dinner, so we shared the cake. Then Lynne' got home from work and brought my gift in, which was Season 1 of The King of Queens - another show I really enjoy! Now I'm set up for either my treadmill walking (I usually walk to a 30 minute show) or for sitting and knitting while watching tv. :)

Today will be such fun, too. Mom and I are planning on stopping at Woolie Ewe on the way to my cousin Michele's house because that store is awesome! Then we'll go over and visit with family and have dinner together. Luckily I have charged up my camera batteries for the Girl's Shopping Weekend! Tomorrow mom, Lynne' and I will get up early, pick up Loni and head back over to Michele's where we'll all start the shopping and I can't wait! Good times.....

~ Elizabeth

"What we love to do we find time to do."
- unknown

No comments: