Wednesday, October 12, 2005

RIP Sassy

Mom called yesterday and told me that she had to take her cat, Sassy, to the vet. The vet called her later in the afternoon and told her that the tests showed Sassy had kidney failure, so mom had to make the difficult decision to let Sassy go. Mom was able to go by the vet's office after work and hold and love on Sassy one last time, which must be so hard. Sassy was Meeko’s sister and Peaches passed away earlier this summer, so he is the last remaining sibling.

So this seemed like a good time to show a picture of my dog, Joe. I don't think people without pets can fully understand the bond that petlovers have with their animal. Joe loves me whether or not my hair looks good or if I'm in a good mood or bad. He will not X me as a friend because I'm too much trouble and not worth the effort. He jumps and runs with me when I'm happy and he sits solemnly when I've cried into his coat. Quite simply, I love him. So rest in peace Sassy - we'll miss you.

On another note, I had my rheumatologist appointment this morning and received some awesome news! I have to have a bone scan every year due to some meds I take and last year was diagnosed with osteopenia, a precursor to osteoporosis. I started meds for that and this morning was my annual bone scan - which showed that my bones were BETTER than last year! WooHoo!!!!! The doctor was quite pleased and will have me stay on the meds. We also talked about the changes I've made in my diet and lifestyle and that they are good. One thing is that I've really been drinking much more water than soda since caffeine is not good for the bones. So what did I do when I left his office and was on my way to work? Umm....stopped by Starbucks for a celebratory Pumpkin Spice Latte! LOL! But at least I did get the Grande instead of the Venti...... ;)

~ Elizabeth

"In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: