Saturday, October 08, 2005

Creativity and Friendship

These two things truly feed the soul. By the end of the workday yesterday I was so tired (having a stomach bug earlier this week did NOT help energize me!), so made the decision not to crop last night. I did stop by and have dinner with my friends though and then went into the Warehouse with them to see some of the creations they are working on. Always a good time.

This morning after a stop at Starbuck's (yay, the pumpkin spice frappuccino is back!) we headed to Whitesboro for the heritage album class at Sherri's store. Tracy is so creative and talented and I always love taking this class. Today was no exception! The papers she chose were gorgeous and I learned a new trick for cutting tags. I am like the slowest scrapbooker ever, so instead of finishing the 20 pages I only completed 9. But I do have pictures of the other pages and will work on them this week in the evenings. LOVE this album!!!! Mom had found some old photos of my grandparents that Daddy had in an album at the shop and let me borrow the album the last time I was in OKC. I plan on scanning those photos and printing them out for this book. Very happy am I! <---said in Yoda voice (I'm such a nerd sometimes!) After class we spent some quality shopping time in Sherri's store, then headed home. Called another friend and she met us at a great Mexican restaurant for a late lunch. As usual, there was a lot of laughter and talking. Spending the day scrapbooking with friends is one of life's true pleasures.

~ Elizabeth

"To recognize God's grace in every situation, whether good or bad...that is thankful."
- unknown

No comments: