Thursday, October 06, 2005

Beautiful Fall!

Praise the Lord - cooler weather is here! It only got to the mid 60's today and I loved every minute of it. When I got home from work today Lynne' and I took Joe to the park and since nobody else was there we let him run around without his leash and he had a blast! He had his nose up in the wind smelling all the wonderful fall smells and had a bounce in his step. Of course afterwards the poor thing was exhausted, but his happy smile made it all worthwhile.

Hard to believe that tomorrow is Keith's last day at this job. I pray that the next job is "the one" that will please him and last him until his retirement - kind of like we assumed Deluxe would be. I can't really complain too much about the roads we've travelled with Deluxe though because it did lead us to Texas and the many blessings we've found here. And his current job was an incredible blessing while I went through all the testing and surgery. Now we just have to wait and see what blessings the next job will bring us!

In further job news, Lynne' got a nice raise yesterday and was very excited. I'm quite pleased for her. :)

I just finished casting on another dishcloth and am knitting while waiting for a load of laundry to finish up in the dryer and then I'm heading to bed early tonight. I need to get a head start on my beauty sleep because I'll be going to a crop tomorrow night and then headed out of town Saturday with friends for some scrapbook classes! :)

~ Elizabeth

"When a train is going through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away your ticket and jump off; you stay on the train and trust the engineer."
- Corrie ten Boom

No comments: