Thursday, January 29, 2009

There's A Monkey In My Mailbox!

Good day, sunshine!  The ice and fog is gone and its place is beautiful blue sky and sunshine.  I ventured out to the mailbox and what did I find?  A package from Barb!  Barb's blog is one I've been following I think forever.  She is another person that I think of as 'the perfect grandma' and I try to learn grandma'isms from her. 

And here's what the package contained:

My very own Barb original sock monkey!  She makes these little guys and is setting up a shop and she actually had a drawing that I WON!  Could've knocked me over with a feather!

And look at this face!  Absolutely darling.  Right now he's sitting on a dresser in the spare bedroom that we keep Miss B's toys in.  I'm not sure if this will remain "his spot" or not, but I do think I want him in this room so that when B is here she can love on him.

He sat in the entryway for a bit on my antique sewing machine cabinet, but I'm not so sure the Raggedy Annes enjoyed having him around.  ;)

Regardless of where he ends up I know he'll enjoy it here.  Because once Brooklyn gets to love on him and carry him around by the tail...or arm...or wherever and he starts to look a little raggedy himself, then he'll know that there is no place like home.

Barb, thank you from the bottom of my heart!

ps - see the shadows around sock monkey in the last picture?  They are caused by the natural light coming in the front door!  I do love me some sunshine!   :)

3 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Oh he is so adorable. He looks like the one I had when I was a kid except I think his eyelashes are longer. So very cute!!! Now that makes me want to go buy that sock monkey kit I saw at Michaels.

Anonymous said...

Aw, he's so cute. I'm glad you won him...everybody needs a sock monkey to love because they're so good at loving you back! Maybe Raggedy Ann is just a little snooty.

Have fun with him....by the way - what did you name him?

Jan
Resident Grandma at Sock Monkey Ranch

Pamela said...

So cute! Love the sock monkey, just saw some today at Target. Not as cute as yours, though. ;o)