Monday, January 12, 2009

The Armando Hat

Every so often you work on a project and almost hate to see it end.  That's how I felt about this hat, The Armando Hat (this is a pdf file link) .  Not only is the pattern just gorgeous, but it is knit in Malabrigo yarn.  And there is not another yarn I enjoy knitting with as much as Malabrigo....seriously.
I am totally in love with the top of the hat.  The pattern just entrances me and pulls me right in.  And now that I think about it, does anybody else remember the fun houses at the fair?  Specifically the giant rolling thing that you try to walk through and it had colors that kind of swirled similar to this, only in bright, obnoxious colors.  Luckily Malabrigo does not make bright, obnoxious colors!  The subtle color variations in this yarn are truly dreamy.
This hat was made for my brother-in-law in Minneapolis.  I figure he'll surely get more use out of a hat there than we will here in Dallas!
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs. - Psalm 100:2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I've always liked this hat. Yours turned out great!

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

way cool, love the colors and the design,you are so good E!