Friday, January 09, 2009

GAAA

In Texas, 73 degrees in January is not unheard of.  So when I'm sitting here ready to make a chemo angel card the usual January snowmen did not come to mind.  Instead this little owl card came to life and I think she's just as cute as she can be. 

I bought the printable card at an Etsy shop, Ali Design, and printed the owl a second time.  Stickles were added for some bling....naturally.  And then I found a piece of scrapbook paper to print the envelope template on.  I do believe this set will brighten the recipient's day when she receives it in her mailbox!
--<>--
Last night was knitting guild and one of the discussions we had was about our guild project, the Great American Aran Afghan (see a photo here and prepare to be amazed).  We all had chosen our block and received our yarn and now it's time to cast on and get started.  The block that I chose isn't showing on that picture, so I finally found a photo here.  Now when I chose this block I did so because it didn't look as hard as the others.  I've since read that this is one of the three hardest blocks, so my enthusiasm has really taken a hit.  I did get an idea from one of the girls last night to buy a skein of yarn like what we're using and to do a practice run.  And one thing about it, this should really help me grow in my knitting experience.  Or as I've heard it put before - what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Good times....

Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. - Matthew 5:16

2 comments:

MSM said...

That card will definitely put a smile on someone's face; and that afghan - a work of art! I cannot fathom being able to do any of that.

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

wow that afghan is beautiful and your square will be wonderful as well. Hum makes me want to whip out my crochet and make something! lol