Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some Ice and Some Fabric

Monday seemed so much like a back to normal routine sort of day to me.  It might have been the 5th of January already, but for me it was the start of the new year.  Holidays over, retreat over...now back to work!
Earlier this week we had a brief ice storm.  The photo is in my backyard and it looks much more impressive than it really was.  We were very fortunate that the streets were fine and in fact we went out and ran some errands when Keith got home from work.  We did see some poor trees that were heavily iced and bent over, but that was about it.
--<>--
This is what I worked on at retreat last weekend.  I had bought the pattern and fabric for this paper pieced Christmas tree skirt about 3 years ago and pulled it out the first part of November.  Guess I had forgotten how long this takes because I thought I was going to whip it out in time for the tree going up!  After about an hour of sewing I admitted defeat and set it aside.  There really is no sense in adding more stress to the season.  But since our retreat was so close after Christmas I was still feeling it and brought this along.  There are 8 Christmas tree panels and each panel has 3 sections (the star isn't on this one).  I managed to finish 5 panels during retreat!  Of course it still just sits in the sewing room waiting for me to work on it, but that will come.
I love this photo of the raggedy sorority that was formed during retreat!  These dolls were made by two different girlfriends and I think there might even have been more by the end of the weekend.  Aren't they darling?
"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on earth." - Genesis 9:16

1 comment:

Debby said...

Your retreat sounds like so much fun. I went on a knitting retreat in the fall and had such a good time. I think your tree skirt will be beautiful and love the dolls!