Monday, January 26, 2009

Valentine's Day Centerpiece

Welcome to my Valentine table!  This year I've jumped into the holiday table with both feet (not to be taken literally....).  I was wishing that I had done more of this when the kids were young, but then I remembered that we probably couldn't have afforded it at that time.  Not that we are dollar wealthy now, but since it's just the two of us it is easier.

I saw this little guy when I ran to Hobby Lobby looking for something else.  They had their seasonal items on sale and this little Love Bug struck my fancy.  Looking around a bit I found the ceramic heart dish to set him in, but he looked a little bare and lonely sitting there.

The light bulb moment came when I saw the bag of Hershey kisses.  Because really who wouldn't want to sit in a sea of chocolate?

The whole thing brings a smile to my face each time I see the table.  And because of the items being on sale it ended up being a low cost option for a holiday centerpiece.  Unless I have to keep replacing the kisses!  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I would have to keep refilling the kisses, lol!

Unknown said...

How adorable.