Friday, August 08, 2008

Wii Are Becoming More Fit

I thought I'd share a picture of what has been occupying our time every.single.night this week.

We bought a WiiFit last weekend and have been having so much fun with it! What are the odds that I would ever say any kind of exercise was actually FUN???

For those that have never seen it I'll explain the screen. In the foreground is the back of Keith's head (his Mii) and he's doing the hula hoop game. During this event there are two other Mii's that are facing you and will periodically toss another hula hoop your way. The idea is to lean over and catch the hula hoop on your head, then try and spin all the hula hoops at one time.

One of my favorite parts of the Wii is that once people play on it their Mii becomes part of our machine. So in this particular screen shot you see the Mii on the left with the pink shirt - that is my Mii. The other Mii, the one with the blonde ponytails and white shirt is BROOKLYN!!! This really makes Keith and I laugh when we're doing any of the WiiFit games and we see Brooklyn. The machine just tosses in random Mii's, so we never know who we'll see and that's part of the fun of it.

My favorite is a step aerobic type game, especially now that I've unlocked the advanced mode. I have confirmed that I have no rhythm at all, but it is fun to do and makes me laugh.

One more thing - the first time you set up the WiiFit it weighs you and figures your BMI. And at that point it makes your little Mii on the screen become larger. Strangely enough it was funny to watch my little Mii look down at her body growing exponentially and her little eyes got quite large at the phenomena! And the little board that you step on? Each time you hear a little voice say "Oh!" like it can't believe how large you are. Thankfully I do find this hilarious.... ;)

Good times......

2 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

oh how I want this so bad. I totally had no interest in the wii game system until I heard about this particular game. We are definately getting this game system now and its great to hear your review of it and makes me want it even more. May I ask where you found the game and how much. Everyone I have talked too says its impossible to purchase right now cause of the newness.

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

this looks like so much fun! I even believe I would even do this and I hate to exercise but when it's made to have fun, then I'm all for it!