Monday, August 18, 2008

Scarves to Donate

I am loving my newest project and am probably one of the last knitters ever to finally make one.  Allow me to introduce to you the My So Called Scarf.  I think it's one of those things that are so beautiful online, but I recently saw one in person and it about knocked my socks off!  I'm using Malabrigo yarn in the Charrua colorway and this yarn is just like buttah....soooo soft.  A true joy to knit with.
This is the second of the scarves that I had promised to a girl I work with for her church's Christmas effort to supply backpacks to the homeless.  We were asked to each knit and donate two scarves and now I see that I never blogged about the first one, so let me do that now.
This scarf I did in March and is the Sinful Ribbed Scarf with an added ruffle edge.  The yarn is Jo-Ann Sensations Angel Hair color MUL650.  It just hit me that this also is one of the softest yarns I've ever used, so apparently that's the sort of yarn I enjoy for scarves.
Hopefully both of these will bring comfort and joy to somebody that needs them this winter.

3 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

well I did not see the first scarf in person, but it looks sensational in the picture. However, I did see and feel the second one or I should say the top one and not only does it feel heavenly, it is gojus!!!!

Tracy Batchelder said...

They are both lovely!

Unknown said...

Wow, do I ever love your pick in yarn color for your "My So Called Scarf"! Such awesome color's and what a inspiring knitter you are too. I'm more into crocheting myself, but my sister loves knitting. When ever she gifts someone, they always know it's going to be a Afghan. LOL

Happy knitting to you!