Monday, August 04, 2008

It's For Brooklyn Honey....

Oh such beauty. This little cove is where Keith and I stopped to swim at one point this weekend. When it gets to the hot part of the summer we have always loved to just stop the boat somewhere on the lake and jump in - with lifejackets on of course - and kind of bob around. The water was 28 feet deep in this little cove and so wonderfully cool in the midst of our 106 degree weather.

Now the background to the next part of the story is that Keith and I watch a LOT of Discovery Channel and it's been Shark Week....

As we were bobbing along and talking and laughing I turned to Keith and asked him - in all seriousness mind you - if a shark would suddenly appear and bite me would he swim over and punch it in the nose? He gave me The Look and told me that sharks are not in lakes. OK, I get that, but let's pretend for a minute that somehow a shark got in the wrong place, showed up at our lake and bit me, would he punch out the shark? Keith was silent for a minute and then said no. I feigned being insulted, then asked why not. He said "Well, really there is no sense in both of us getting bitten, so I should stay over here. You know...for Brooklyn." OK, I burst out laughing at that. I love it that he's not going to save me so that he would be alive for our granddaughter. :)

Good times.......

4 comments:

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Wells then, good thing there are no sharks in your lake. That way Brooklyn gets both of her grandparents. LOL!!!!

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's a beautiful spot for a swim...and shark free too!

Lovin Hello Kitty said...

How beautiful is that! I would stay there all day and turn to a prune as long as there were no sharks! You two are so funny.

Loni said...

That spot looks better than the Jurassic park side.