Friday, March 17, 2006

Orange Blueberry Muffins

Getting a slow start today, still just not feeling it! Anyway, this picture is what I see every day I work from home and every weekend morning. Meeko and Joe fight over the open window to see who can get there first. Meeko is the alpha dog in this relationship though, regardless of him being feline.

Last night I made a batch of Orange Blueberry Muffins from the Jan/Feb 2006 Paula Deen magazine and we loved them! The batter was even really good before going in the oven. ;) Now I will admit to changing her recipe somewhat, but not because I'm a better cook than Paula Deen. The recipe called for 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries and when I got to the store and saw that blueberries were $3.99 for the small container I knew that wasn't going to happen! So my version had about 3/4 cup instead. Silly Lynne' said she thought it was still too many blueberries!

I actually almost have a Texas washcloth finished knitting - woohoo! I've about decided since I hurt my forearms knitting socks as fast as I could that maybe I'll just stick with big pointy sticks instead of teeny tiny ones for awhile and let my arms heal. Lucky for me I have MANY pregnant friends and relatives right now, so I should be able to stick with baby blankets and such for the time being.

~ Elizabeth

"He that cannot forgive others, breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would reach heaven: for every one has need to be forgiven." - Thomas Fuller

2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The orange blueberry muffins sound yummy!!

I hope your arms heal quickly :o)

Anonymous said...

I love this picture Elizabeth. What a perfect pair they make!