Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Beloved and Day 4!

First off - Happy Birthday to my Beloved today! Unfortunately he was up a large part of last night sick and still sick as a dog today, so no celebrating for him tonight. :( He did call me on the way to work though and said he loved the birthday card I made for him. :)

Day 4 of the 21 Day Challenge today. I'm happy to report that for 3 days in a row I've exercised - woohoo! And I'm on track so far for today. I'm sure my version of exercise is not like other's, but I'm really ok with that. It's not a race against others, it's a race against my negative thoughts. And so far so good!

Sorry for the poor picture quality, but only have my cell phone camera at work with me (note to self - scan this when I get home tonight!). I did notice that the poor girl's eyes in the picture look like she's mad and that really wasn't what I was going for!

Last night I made the decision to not go and get my hair colored and highlighted again. I love it and felt prettier after getting it done than I have in a long time. BUT...one of my new big goals is to work towards me not working any more so that I can stay home and take care of my health. Spending that kind of money to get my hair done will not get me closer to that goal at all! And really, when I bought color at Sally Beauty Supply I still felt pretty and NOT GRAY, so I'm going to learn to appreciate that more.

And I walked out of the house this morning without my "fun stuff" bag, so no knitting at lunch, no music cd's, no nothin'. Makes for a long day.....

~ Elizabeth

Celebrating a birthday reminds us of the goodness of life, and in this spirit we really need to celebrate people’s birthdays every day, by showing gratitude, kindness, forgiveness, gentleness, and affection. These are ways of saying: “It’s good that you are alive; it’s good that you are walking with me on this earth. Let’s be glad and rejoice. This is the day God has made for us to be and to be together.” - Henri J.M. Nouwen

3 comments:

Ferrill said...

Such a fun journal! Love today's entry. Your hubby's birthday card is fabulous! Love that clean look.

alyssa said...

Yay for your 3 days in a row of exercise. :) I'm right there with you! LOVE your drawing!!

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

I like your page... Happy birthday with your husband...

Emine